Lately I've been thinking about my past. Not just like a five minute overview, but I lay in bed at night and just think for about 2 hours some nights about what has all happened in my life, well just mainly last semester.
Last semester I had pretty much everything. My parents trusted me, my best friends and I hung out almost every weekend, I had a boy I really liked and he liked me, and I was satisfied on how 'hard' I partied. Everything changed though thanks to one night and one stupid mistake. For almost 3 months I was not allowed to go and hang out with my friends, go to parties, or just go to a movie with my best friends. My parents ruined my chances with the guy I liked because i couldn't see him. My parents ruined a lot for me.. but maybe it was for the best? I guess I should take it and try and look at it on a positive side.
Not only do I miss all of that, but I miss the way I used to be. Last semester, I really liked the way I was. I focused on others problems instead of my own, I actually listened to people instead of making the whole thing about me, I made friends easier, and I did what I could to avoid drama. The thing that I realized is that Christmas break definitely changed me. I don't know how the hell that is possible, but it happened. Things were moving just a bit too fast for me to understand what was going on.
Today things are well and dandy. My parents now trust me (not completely though), I can hang out with my best friends on the weekends, my grades are decent, and it's springtime! Writing this made me realize that I really do need to get over my past. I really do need to live in the present and just be happy with what I have. I really do need to realize that I cannot always get what I want. I need to realize that things will never be the same, continue on with life, and enjoy each and every second of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment